From Gina, to J.Lo, to Camila and Lupita — our chicas BROUGHT it in the beauty category tonight.
1. Gina Rodriguez
Aside from the fact that Jane the Virgin star Gina Rodriguez gave our favorite speech of the night, she also had one of the most polished beauty looks of the evening. Sleek, shiny curls + a nude lip and smoky eye? Can't go wrong with that combo.
2. Ellie Kemper
It takes a bold redhead to rock a lip in the same color vein. Ellie Kemper showed up, did just that, and killed the competition.
3. Chrissy Tiegen
Only Chrissy Tiegen could make a ponytail look this fancy at an awards show. Girl after our own beauty-obsessed heart.
4. Amal Alamuddin Clooney
We 100% get why Clooney married Amal — have you seen her hair? She's also brilliant, charming, and eternally stylish, but seriously — THAT hair. She's just doing Amal, at the Globes.
Get her makeup look:
- Makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury applied Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Skin Clay Mask to create a veil of perfection on the skin. Charlotte then applied Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream to the entire face followed by Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow to create a flawless soft focus and an instant “spotlight” effect, which acted as the perfect base to the Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder foundation in 7 Medium.
- To bring out the golden highlights in Amal’s eyes, Charlotte applied the pop shade from Luxury Palette in The Dolce Vita across the lids. Charlotte Tilbury Rock ‘N’ Kohl Eye Pencil in Barbarella Brown was applied around the eye. To soften the liner, Charlotte Tilbury The Classic in Sophia was applied over the top. Charlotte applied three coats of Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes to the top lashes and only one coat to bottom lashes to create an open-eyed look.
- To create the perfect cheek, Charlotte used both Cheek to Chic in Love Glow and First Love across the cheekbones.
- Finish with the perfect velvety, red lip by using Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Savage Rose along with a mixture of Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Lipstick in Night Crimson and Matte Revolution Lipstick in Red Carpet Red.
5. Jennifer Lopez
The eyes, the contouring, the hair — just winning the night, per usual.
Get her look:
- Wash hair with L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare - Volume Filler Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner. On damp hair, spray L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Boost It High Lift Creation Spray.
- To amp up volume, apply L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Boost It Volume Inject Mousse on damp hair and began to blow dry with a round brush.
- Set hair in 1” hot rollers for about an hour. (Jennifer then flipped her hair over and Lorenzo brushed her hair out.)
- Tease the crown while spraying L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold.
- To complete the look, use a comb to split a front portion of the hair down the middle and secure behind the ears with a few bobby pins.
Tip: To get a similar hair color as Jennifer’s, use L’Oreal Paris Mousse Absolue in Pure Light Brown.
6. Salma Hayek
She. Just. Doesn't. Age. Salma stunned on the red carpet tonight and her floral hair accessory paired with a feather earring was classic elegance all the way.
7. Allison Williams
This was an evening devoted to understated hair and makeup and A LOT of fresh-faced ladies, but Allison Williams did NOT disappoint. When you're going to a major Hollywood affair, what's wrong with having your makeup reflect that?
Get her look:
“For an instant, evenly bronzed glow, I swept St. Tropez One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion onto exposed skin using the Applicator Mitt to create luminous, dewy skin that just reflects the flashing lights of the camera," said her makeup artist Gianpaolo Ceciliato. "It dries in seconds and is waterproof and transfer resistant, so we did not have to worry about Allison’s dress. For a smoky eye effect, I rimmed the entire eye very close to lash line with black pencil and covered the lid with Armani Eye Tint #1 (black) and #7 (gunmetal) to create shimmery dimension. I chose a beige lipstick with subtle shine to complete Allison’s look. The hue added enough color to her lips without competing with her bold red gown."
8. Kerry Washington
She can do no wrong in our book. Proof that a great cheek and some mega lashes will secure you a place on every "best of" list that's important.
9. Camila Alves
After we stopped freaking out over Camila's lighter (hotter) hair color, we took a second to compose ourselves and then started freaking out again when we saw the back of this updo. Chic chingon doesn't even begin to describe what's going on here, it's just that good.
Get her look:
- Layer damp hair with John Frieda Frizz Ease Beyond Smooth Frizz Immunity Primer and John Frieda Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Styling Crème. Using a paddle brush, dry hair to remove moisture and give a voluminous blow out.
- Then, part hair into 4 sections and apply John Frieda Heat Defeat Protecting Spray before flat ironing each section to smooth your mane. Apply a bit of the John Frieda Frizz Ease Nourishing Oil Elixir on the hair line to assure there are no flyaways.
- Next, apply a few drops of John Frieda Frizz Ease Original Six Effects Serum and run it through ends to keep them frizz-free. Then, divide the hair into four sections and twist each section, loosely creating a deconstructed French braid chignon. With hair pins, tuck the ends under, securing them in place.
- To lock the look in place, apply John Frieda Frizz Ease Kerafirm Firm Hold Hairspray.
10. Lupita Nyong'o
Considering she rocked more 'dos than any other actress last awards season, we're happy to report that Lupita kept her natural fro going for tonight's event. Also, her glossy berry lip is pure perfection.
11. Sienna Miller
Sienna's choppy lob is making us want to cut our hair. This is the #1 trend for fall/winter/spring/summer, after all.
Get her look:
- Begin by making a deep side part on towel dried-hair and mist Suave Professionals Luxe Style Infusion Volumizing Weightless Blow Dry Spray all over. Blow dry hair with a paddle brush.
- Then, create loose waves by using a medium-size curling iron on small sections of hair, and repeating this throughout the entire head.
- Apply Suave Professionals Refresh & Revive Dry Shampoo and shake out the hair for movement, and to break up the waves so it looks natural.
- Spray hair from mid-shaft to ends with Suave Professionals Natural Infusion Moisturizing Oil Spray to add a little shine back into the hair, and then lock in the look with Suave Professionals Luxe Style Infusion Volumizing Plump Hold Hairspray.