Winter TV Preview: Parks & Recreation
Parks and Recreation, NBC
Returns on Thursday, January 17 at 8:30/7:30c
Nobody does dead-pan comedy like Aubrey Plaza on NBC’s Parks and Recreation. As April Ludgate, a cynical and uninterested Pawnee Department of Parks and Recreation intern who eventually becomes the perfect assistant for Ron Swanson, Plaza delivers some of the long-running series’ wittiest one-liners. It’s no wonder; the role was written specifically for Plaza. After meeting her, casting director Allison Jones told series co-creator Michael Schur, "I just met the weirdest girl I've ever met in my life. You have to meet her and put her on your show.” And just like that, a star was born!
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'