On coming to the United States from Cuba: “Even things as simple as a trip to the supermarket were a shock to me, because I had never seen so much food in my life. Everything that I have today, I enjoy 100 percent. I’m grateful for it. I share it. I don’t waste it.”
Also in the June/July 2013 issue:
- Beat the Heat: Use our top tips, tricks and products to solve all your summer beauty problems—from melting makeup to fading pedicures to hair that just won’t behave.
- Sol Survivor: Protect and enhance your skin this summer with our six-page guide to everything from self-tanning to preventing premature aging.
- The Boys of Summer: Keep your towelettes handy! This year’s list of Latino hunks will leave you positively feverish.
- Is Latino Culture Holding You Back?: Not all traditions are good for you. It may be time to rethink, reframe or cast away old-school beliefs that can block your success.
- Backyard Bash!: Spice up your patio party with festive products that add to the fun.
- Get Your Grill On: Fire up your friends and family with this easy, delicious Latin menu cooked up by an expert grillmaster.
- Punch It Up!: No longer considered a sweet and demure cocktail, festive summer punch is back and cooler than ever.
- Maids in the USA: The ladies of Lifetime’s Eva Longoria–produced Devious Maids, premiering June 23, highlight the real women behind the feather dusters.
Articles from the upcoming June/July 2013 issue are available upon request.