By Sugey Palomares | 05/24/2013 - 09:27 | 0 Comments
A new report released by the CDC confirms that Latina teen pregnancy is down by 40 percent. The report’s lead author, Brady Hamilton, found significant drops in all states, but the Mountain States of Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada and Utah saw rates decrease...
By Vanessa Gonzalez-Plumhoff | 05/10/2013 - 11:31 | 0 Comments
I’m often asked why I decided to move across the country to work for Planned Parenthood. Ultimately, the reason was simple; it’s personal.
When I was 16, living in rural west Texas, I learned firsthand why it’s so important that women have access to birth control from high-quality health centers. I learned...
By Samantha Leal | 06/23/2012 - 15:00 | 0 Comments
Here's what happened in the world this week, in case you missed it!
- Latina teen pregnancy dropped 33 percent, reaching its lowest point since 1976. The biggest factor? Contraception. [Latina.com]
- Mitt Romney’s immigration plan leaves out...
By Samantha Leal | 06/21/2012 - 09:06 | 0 Comments
Latina teen pregnancy is down 33 percent, hitting its lowest point since 1976, reports a recent study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In fact, pregnancy rates for all teens between the ages of 15 and 19 are down, falling 40 percent overall from 1990 to 2008 (that...
By Grace Bastidas | 05/04/2011 - 15:49 | 1 Comment
From 17-year-old Gaby Rodriguez, who faked a baby bump for a school project, to the many girls that expose the challenges of being teen moms on MTV’s 16 and Pregnant, young women are becoming more aware that unprotected sex can have big consequences.
Still, each year 750,000 girls get pregnant, and Latinas account for a large chunk of that...
By Lizzy Sise | 11/11/2010 - 18:00 | 0 Comments
Young mothers now have a new tool in the quest to be the best mami's they can be. An innovative service called Text4baby is a free mobile health initiative started by the National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition to provide reminders and vital information about everything from vaccinations to child...
- 'The X Factor': Alex And Sierra Make Destiny's Child 'Say My Name' Their Own (VIDEO)
- Drug Defendants Are Being 'Forced' To Plead Guilty, Report Claims
- Jared Polis Goes On Epic Tirade In Defense Of Dreamers
- Mexico City Arena Hosting NBA Game Evacuated Due To Smoke (UPDATED: Game Postponed)
- Stolen Container Of Radioactive Material Found, Mexican Official Says (UPDATE)