By Samantha Leal | 11/25/2013 - 13:11 | 0 Comments
Ay ay ay ay... sometimes, we're just so saddened by our fellow Americans' ignorance we can't help but shake our heads and wonder when times will change. Last night, Pitbull hosted the American Music Awards. While we could sit here and debate if he did a worthwhile job or not, it seems there were some that couldn't help but take to Twitter to voice...
By Cristina Arreola | 11/13/2013 - 09:17 | 0 Comments
A large sign outside of a Burger King is causing outrage in the town of Ephrate, Washington. The billboard reads: “Now Hiring Must Be Mexican.”
The image was posted on KFFM 1073’s website, a radio station...
By Samantha Leal | 09/26/2013 - 16:41 | 0 Comments
Jakiyah McKoy, 7, was named Miss Chiquita Delaware, but was soon stripped of her title following an investigation into her Dominican background–with many claiming that she did not best represent "Latin beauty." In short? Many believe she was stripped of her crown...
By Vivian Llodra | 09/20/2013 - 13:45 | 0 Comments
Today I was called a n*gger.
Granted it wasn’t to my face and it was by strangers, but it was still shocking and unexpected. The culprit? Good old social media, specifically Twitter. Of course I see the irony in complaining about social media and then writing and posting about my feelings, but cut me some slack.
It all started...
By Samantha Leal | 09/10/2013 - 14:47 | 0 Comments
Americans shouldn't wear Mexican flags (or any flags symbolizing their heritage). At least, not if they want to have political discussions concerning immigration. That's according to Arkansas Congressman Steve Womack.
The U.S. Repbulican gave an interesting comment to a Mexican-American man who was wearing a shirt that had the Mexican flag...
By Samantha Leal | 08/23/2013 - 09:01 | 0 Comments
Wow. Colorodo Republican state senator Vicki Marble caused quite the uproar Wednesday when giving an address as part of the Economic Opportunity Poverty Reduction Task Force, in which she credited high poverty rates among blacks and Latinos, in part, to diets that include fried chicken, reports...
By Samantha Leal | 08/21/2013 - 10:58 | 0 Comments
A federal judge has ordered a new trial for two Mexican restaurant owners who were accused of hiring undocumented workers, after he learned a juror refered to the defendants as "wetbacks," according to the Bangor Daily...
By Priscilla Rodriguez | 06/19/2013 - 10:32 | 0 Comments
Little Mexican-American cutie Sebastien De La Cruz is not sweating his haters one bit. As a matter of fact, De La Cruz says the racist outpour on Twitter after he performed the ...
- Pope hails Mandela as promoter of "human dignity"
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- More Evidence That U.S. Births May Be Leveling Off After Years Of Decline
- Overcrowding Forces California To Release Man Accused Of Killing 8 Mexican Government Officials
- Luis Suarez Is The Most Polarizing Player In Soccer; He May Also Be The Best
- Anaheim Hopes To Settle Suit Over Alleged Latino Exclusion
- Latino Leaders To Hispanic Lawmakers: Lead Or Get Out Of The Way
- Chiquinquira Delgado Wants To Attract An English Speaking Audience
- Puerto Rico Is A Colony Like Palestine, Calle 13 Frontman Says
- Jorge Sillas Faces Sentencing After Pleading Guilty To Attempted Murder