By Fox News Latino | 07/19/2013 - 09:36 | 0 Comments
Despite strong opposition from Republicans, former Department of Justice official Thomas Perez became the Labor Secretary – and the only Latino currently serving in President Barack Obama’s cabinet.
Dominican-Americans expressed pride over the first one from their community serving in a cabinet-level post.
“This is a watershed...
By Sugey Palomares | 03/19/2013 - 15:32 | 0 Comments
After a day since President Barack Obama announced his Cabinet nomination, he is already feeling the heat from conservatives about his pick. Dominican American Thomas Perez was offered the seat as the next Secretary of...
By Sugey Palomares | 03/18/2013 - 14:35 | 0 Comments
This morning, President Obama nominated Assistant Attorney General Thomas Perez to succeed Hilda Solis' post as head of the Labor Department. Throughout his career as a civil rights lawyer, he has fought hard for working class families and vowed to continue on that path if confirmed. Perez would also become the first Dominican-American to...
By Samantha Leal | 03/11/2013 - 14:15 | 0 Comments
President Obama intends to name Thomas Perez as the new secretary of Labor, who currently serves as the assistant attorney general for the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, reports the LA Times. If...
- Group Of Life? World Cup Draw Gives France, Belgium, Argentina Favorable Foes In First Round
- Caxirola Replaces Vuvuzela As World Cup Noisemakers (VIDEO)
- Tom Tancredo Leads GOP Field For Colorado Governor Amongst Republicans, Despite 2010 Loss
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President
- Why Nelson Mandela Loved Fidel Castro