Hugo Chavez dead
By Kamren Curiel | 03/05/2013 - 17:13 | 0 Comments
Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez lost his battle with cancer today. The socialist leader, who rose to power in 1999 and implemented a political ideology called Bolivarian Revolution, first announced he had cancer in July 2011.
The president remained optimistic about a full recovery, getting many surgeries in Cuba, until Dec. 2012...
By Kamren Curiel | 02/28/2013 - 15:54 | 0 Comments
Venezuelan vice president Nicolas Maduro said President Hugo Chavez is fighting for his life while he continues to undergo cancer treatment, according to the AP News.
Chavez hasn't spoken publicly since Dec. 2012, when he...
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Poverty reduction stalls in LatAm, U.N. panel reports
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'
- Poverty Reduction In Latin America Is Slowing, UN Says
- Creating A Hilarious Telenovela Is The Best Way To Do Spanish Homework (VIDEO)