By Amaris Castillo | 11/28/2011 - 14:00 | 0 Comments
After an arduous battle surrounding a controversy over the state’s congressional redistricting, the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF) released a statement recently about a new court-proposed plan that promises Latinos increased...
By Damarys Ocaña Perez | 11/03/2011 - 08:25 | 0 Comments
Texas saw explosive growth in the past decade, according to the 2010 census, 65 percent of it fueled by Latinos as part of a total of 90 percent growth fueled by minorities. That lead to the state receiving four new Congressional districts, which equals four additional seats in Congress. How those new districts were drawn by the state is now the subject of two big court...
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President
- Why Nelson Mandela Loved Fidel Castro
- Bloomberg To Critics Of His Spanish: 'Get A Life'
- Civil Rights Groups Ask Texas Police To Stop Using Tasers On Students
- Mexico World Cup Draw: El Tri Lands In Group A With Brazil, Croatia And Cameroon