The War We Are Living
By Amaris Castillo | 11/01/2011 - 12:30 | 0 Comments
In Colombia’s Pacific southwest region, gold is abundant. So much so that it has helped sustain the livelihoods of the region’s Afro-Colombians for generations. But now, gold has become the center of friction between local people and militias in the area. The tension has been captured in a new PBS special called The War We Are Living...
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'