By Amaris Castillo | 06/21/2013 - 08:09 | 0 Comments
If you're Latina, you're with me. There are just some things you can never tell your mami - unless of course you want to throw her into cardiac arrest. Throughout my life, I've been conditioned to learn of the kinds of statements that are better left unspoken in a Latino household - the list seems endless.
One of my ultimate favorite things to...
By Latina Staff | 08/18/2011 - 12:12 | 0 Comments
Soledad O'Brien once asked me, "What does it mean to you to be Latino in America?" And, I told her that I have my feet in two cultures instead of one, and I feel very lucky.
When the Huffington Post asked me to write this blog, I was truly honored. We have...
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'