By Irina Gonzalez | 11/22/2013 - 14:16 | 0 Comments
Broadway and TV star Krysta Rodriguez is currently lighting up the Great White Way with Broadway's musical comedy First Date. After a stint in NBC's Smash as Ana Vargas, Krysta plays jaded dater Casey who agrees to be set up with Zachary Levi's nice guy Aaron.
By Priscilla Rodriguez | 10/28/2013 - 11:34 | 0 Comments
The Smithsonian American Art Museum is showcasing the talent of 72 Latino artists for its latest exhibit -- "Our America: The Latino Presence in American Art."
According to the Smithsonian's website, "Our America" shows off the rich and varied contributions...
By Priscilla Rodriguez | 10/23/2013 - 14:00 | 0 Comments
The year was 1964 when Mexican Mormons began migrating north and bringing their faith along with them. Now in Utah, one can visit a small museum fully dedicated to the history of Mexican Mormons.
Fernando Rogelio Gómez -- the man behind the museum which explores Mexican Mormon history -- tells of the drastic change seen in the amount...
By Latina Staff | 10/21/2013 - 09:06 | 0 Comments
The U.S. Census Bureau released a data visualization gallery to highlight the distribution of the Latino population by specific origin throughout the United States.
The census mapped 22 different groups of origin for those who identified as Hispanic or Latino on the 2010...
By Pauline Campos | 10/16/2013 - 13:15 | 0 Comments
I popped my cherry.
That sounds way less dirty than you think, seeing as how I'm referring to my former Hispanic Heritage Month Virgin status. I'm first generation Mexican-American. With la familia...
By Priscilla Rodriguez | 10/03/2013 - 14:00 | 0 Comments
According to a new report by the UCLA Williams Institute, an estimated 1.4 million of adult Latinos in the United States consider themselves lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT) and 29...
By Latina Staff | 10/01/2013 - 09:45 | 0 Comments
Mitt Romney doesn't believe it was his stance on immigration that made him lose the Latino vote, but rather, Latinos didn't understand his position when it came to immigration reform.
"I think my position and the position of our party is not well understood by the Hispanic community," Romney told...
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'