By Priscilla Rodriguez | 06/18/2013 - 10:46 | 0 Comments
Puerto Rico's current commonwealth status has been a hot topic of debate for quite some time. Now Puerto Rico pro-statehood leader Pedro Pierluisi is saying that La Isla del Encanto's commonwealth status is “the root cause of the economic and social problems that impair quality of life on the island."
By Mariela Rosario | 01/06/2011 - 15:30 | 1 Comment
The House of Representative ruled yesterday to revoke the voting rights of delegates, which means that lawmakers representing Puerto Rico, Washington DC, American Guam, Samoa and the Northern Mariana Islands no longer have any power in congress.
For Puerto Rico, the revocation of voting rights basically strips the approximately four million residents of the...
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President
- Why Nelson Mandela Loved Fidel Castro
- Bloomberg To Critics Of His Spanish: 'Get A Life'
- Civil Rights Groups Ask Texas Police To Stop Using Tasers On Students
- Mexico World Cup Draw: El Tri Lands In Group A With Brazil, Croatia And Cameroon