By Amaris Castillo | 06/28/2011 - 15:30 | 0 Comments
In a testimony to Congress this morning, U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan spoke in favor of the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act, or DREAM Act. The DREAM Act would create opportunities for qualified young and undocumented people to attend college. Duncan spoke before the ...
By Damarys Ocaña Perez | 12/18/2010 - 13:00 | 17 Comments
Do it for the kids, their communities and the country’s long-term economic health. That’s the message Secretary of Education Arne Duncan was sending both Democrats and Republicans in the Senate regarding the DREAM Act vote that happened today. Unfortunately, they didn't listen. Although the senate voted 55-41 in favor of the DREAM act, they failed to get...
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President
- Why Nelson Mandela Loved Fidel Castro
- Bloomberg To Critics Of His Spanish: 'Get A Life'
- Civil Rights Groups Ask Texas Police To Stop Using Tasers On Students
- Mexico World Cup Draw: El Tri Lands In Group A With Brazil, Croatia And Cameroon