Marisol Valles Garcia
By Damarys Ocaña Perez | 03/08/2011 - 15:45 | 0 Comments
UPDATE: After being hailed as “the bravest woman in Mexico” for becoming a 20-year-old female police chief in a town where drug cartels had beheaded her predecessor, Marisol Valles Garcia of drug-embattled Pradexis Guerrero apparently crossed the border and is seeking asylum in the United States for herself and her infant son. Local officials fired her on...
By Damarys Ocaña Perez | 10/22/2010 - 13:00 | 6 Comments
Mexico's bloody drug wars have come to this: The new police chief in Pradexis Guadalupe Guerrero, Mexico, in the border state of Chihuahua, is Marisol Valles Garcia, a petite 20-year-old college student who stepped up when no one else would. Here’s what you need to know about this brave chica:
Who She Is: Born and grew up in Ciudad...
By Mariela Rosario | 10/22/2010 - 09:40 | 0 Comments
Marisol Valles Garcia is one brave Latina. The 20-year-old criminology student and mother was hired just this week as the newest police chief of Guadalupe, Mexico—a farming town located just miles away from the border in a region that has been riddled by cartel violence and drug trafficking.
"I accepted [the job] because I liked the project and I...
- Jared Polis Goes On Epic Tirade In Defense Of Dreamers
- Mexico City Arena Hosting NBA Game Evacuated Due To Smoke (UPDATED: Game Postponed)
- Stolen Container Of Radioactive Material Found, Mexican Official Says (UPDATE)
- Luis Suarez's 'Goal Of The Year' Candidate Highlighted His 4-Goal Demolition Of Norwich City (VIDEOS)
- Junot Diaz Speaks Out After Insults To His Dominican-ness