By Sugey Palomares | 02/07/2012 - 15:03 | 0 Comments
Many opposing the Prop 8 bill are celebrating a victorious win in the justice system. The federal appeals court overturned Proposition 8, which bans same-sex marriage, today in California. The decision was made nearly four years after the ban was passed. According to the...
By Mariela Rosario | 08/05/2010 - 13:40 | 1 Comment
Yesterday, a Federal judge overturned the controversial Proposition 8 ban on same-sex marriage that defined marriage solely as a partnership between a man and woman. The ban was passed in California back in 2008. In ruling that the ban violated the civil rights of gay and lesbian couples, U.S. District Chief Judge Vaughn R. Walker wrote, "Proposition 8 both...
- Group Of Life? World Cup Draw Gives France, Belgium, Argentina Favorable Foes In First Round
- Caxirola Replaces Vuvuzela As World Cup Noisemakers (VIDEO)
- Tom Tancredo Leads GOP Field For Colorado Governor Amongst Republicans, Despite 2010 Loss
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President
- Why Nelson Mandela Loved Fidel Castro