Toy Story 3
By Damarys Ocaña Perez | 06/28/2010 - 15:00 | 0 Comments
When we heard that in Toy Story 3, Buzz Lightyear, the charmingly self-deluded, overconfident toy space ranger does a Spanish-style dance and woos Jessie the doll with unabashed romanticism, all while speaking silky Spanish, we thought, ‘Uh-oh, here we go: Hollywood’s Latin lover stereotype strikes again.’
Then we watched the movie, and Buzz’s Spanish...
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'