By Amaris Castillo | 06/11/2013 - 10:06 | 0 Comments
Have you met the ‘Upscale Hispanics’? Or maybe you’re one of them. Apparently, there’s such a group. According to HuffPost Latino Voices, this chunk of the U.S.’s Latino population is being called the most influential since the baby boomers, accounting for 29 percent of the overall Hispanic spend in 2012.
The term was coined late last month by a new Nielsen...
By Laura Elizabeth Hernandez | 10/11/2012 - 15:00 | 0 Comments
Honduran American Lilliana Alvarez, 30, considers herself different, and she likes it. Her main goal is to communicate to the world her "fierceness," as she puts it, through her own personal style. "Wear your look, walk it, talk it and live it for the moment," she says.
She currently owns and runs her own fashion boutique ...
By Franziska Castillo | 01/28/2010 - 09:32 | 20 Comments
It happens everywhere: Latinos arrive in a new American town, work and save like crazy, and within a few years, voilà! They’re opening businesses and buying homes. At a time when the rest of us are choking on major credit card debts, immigrants often save a fifth or more of their income and are 30 percent more likely than nonimmigrants to open a business.
How do they...
- Marc Anthony Sues ClubCreate Over 1.3 Million Loan
- Group Of Life? World Cup Draw Gives France, Belgium, Argentina Favorable Foes In First Round
- Caxirola Replaces Vuvuzela As World Cup Noisemakers (VIDEO)
- Tom Tancredo Leads GOP Field For Colorado Governor Amongst Republicans, Despite 2010 Loss
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President