By Sugey Palomares | 03/19/2013 - 16:32 | 0 Comments
After a day since President Barack Obama announced his Cabinet nomination, he is already feeling the heat from conservatives about his pick. Dominican American Thomas Perez was offered the seat as the next Secretary of...
By Sugey Palomares | 03/18/2013 - 15:35 | 0 Comments
This morning, President Obama nominated Assistant Attorney General Thomas Perez to succeed Hilda Solis' post as head of the Labor Department. Throughout his career as a civil rights lawyer, he has fought hard for working class families and vowed to continue on that path if confirmed. Perez would also become the first Dominican-American to...
By Samantha Leal | 03/11/2013 - 15:15 | 0 Comments
President Obama intends to name Thomas Perez as the new secretary of Labor, who currently serves as the assistant attorney general for the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, reports the LA Times. If...
- Petrobras to keep operating in Argentina, may shed some assets
- Ecuador's Correa won't run again in 2017
- 6 Cuban rafters rescued from Puerto Rican islet
- Puerto Rican Richard Carrion Announces Candidacy To Head International Olympics Committee
- U.S. photographer Annie Leibovitz wins Spain's Asturias Prize