By Sally Mercedes | 02/24/2012 - 10:59
- In his third game back, Carmelo Anthony is still trying to get back on his feet after his injury. While Lin-sanity kept the New York Knicks riding high in Anthony's absence, you'd think that the two of them together would make a dream duo of sorts. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened and people are starting to question if Anthony even has it in him anymore.
By Sugey Palomares | 02/23/2012 - 13:23
- ‘The Man’ may be a term that most alpha males find endearing, but not for professional baseball player Albert Pujols. An Angels marketing campaign has sprouted 20 billboard advertisements across Southern California, including one of Pujols with the words “El Hombre” (“The Man") written across the board. The slugger disapproves of the campaign out of respect for St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Famer Stan Musial, who earned the original nickname.
By Sugey Palomares | 02/22/2012 - 14:15
- Dining out has taken a new meaning for Alex Rodriguez! The Yankees player has developed a bizarre ritual of bringing his own food to restaurants while spring training in Tampa, Florida. A-Rod and his wrestler girlfriend Torrie Wilson were spotted having lunch in South Beach over the weekend, but sources say he didn’t order anything on the menu. Instead the Dominican baseball player was sticking to a special high-protein diet. He even carried his own cooler packed with meals!
By Sugey Palomares | 02/21/2012 - 16:04
- Panamanian professional pitcher Mariano Rivera made a couple of questionable comments at yesterday's press conference for the beginning of spring training. He mentioned making a decision, but deciding to remain elusive about it for now, “I just don’t want to tell you. I know now. I will let you guys know when I think I should tell you.” The 42-year-old Yankees player has been with the New York team for over ten years and recently underwent vocal cord surgery. Fans have been suspicious about whether Rivera will retire his catcher's mitt. What do you think?
By Sugey Palomares | 02/19/2012 - 16:18
In honor of VH1's Basketball Wives making its highly anticipated and drama-filled return tomorrow, we are showcasing 7 Latinas who are dating or married to sports players. Be sure to check out who made the list and watch the premiere of the hit reality show tomorrow at 8 p.m (EST) on VH1!
By Sugey Palomares | 02/16/2012 - 11:03
- Sports Illustrated model Kate Upton was trying to play it cool when asked about her rumored romance with NFL player Mark Sanchez during her appearance on Ellen. The daytime host playfully started to drill the 19-year-old about whether she is hooking up with the hunky Jets quarterback. "Yeah, he is cute," Upton confessed. "I've met him. My sister works for the Jets. And she's been working there for four years.
By Sugey Palomares | 02/15/2012 - 10:48
There’s a fine line between love and basketball!
According to People, Kobe Bryant was spotted kissing estranged wife Vanessa Bryant after the Lakers’ victory against the Atlanta Hawks last night. The former couple shared a smooch while the basketball player was on his way to the locker room.
By Jill Pankow | 02/15/2012 - 10:23
Last night’s Valentine’s Day buzzer beater has propelled Linsanity to its highest level yet. The last minute 3-point shot by break-out star Jeremy Lin gave the New York Knicks the 90-87 win over the Toronto Raptors continuing their 6 game winning streak. The rise of Lin in the absence of Carmelo Anthony, who sat out his 4th game due to a groin injury, seems to have made part-Puerto Rican Anthony into a villain of sorts.
By Sugey Palomares | 02/14/2012 - 15:35
Lorraine Vélez, who has starred in several Broadway shows including Rent, is returning to the stage for DC-7, The Roberto Clemente Story. The Puerto Rican Traveling Theatre is premiering the hit Off-Broadway production today.
By Latina Staff | 12/22/2011 - 08:25
It was a fierce battle this week between part-Puerto Ricans Bruno Mars and Victor Cruz. The singer and athlete kept topping each other for the title of this week’s Crush, but Cruz ended up triumphant in the end – with more than 50 percent of all votes.