By Amaris Castillo | 05/08/2013 - 14:43 | 0 Comments
Mother’s Day is this weekend, and before we celebrate with our own beloved mothers, we wanted to take time to shout out the mami’s on television.
Both real and fictional, these Latina mothers care deeply for their kids, which we love!
By Damarys Ocaña Perez | 04/30/2013 - 09:13 | 0 Comments
The Tony Awards nominations were announced today, and we admit we're a bit bummed that no Latinos were nominated this year (except of course the superbly talented Lin-Manuel Miranda, a previous Tony winner who wrote the music for this year's hit Broadway...
By Kamren Curiel | 01/25/2013 - 11:25 | 0 Comments
First of all, don't ever say that Arizona (Jessica Capshaw) and Callie (Sara Ramirez) have already been through the worst on Grey's Anatomy. According to Capshaw, who plays Callie's wife Arizona, it can and does get worse.
"We thought we were in the clear after the [Season 7] car accident...
By Sugey Palomares | 12/27/2012 - 17:21 | 0 Comments
For over 15 years, Latina has showcased talented stars who inspire and motivate us to keep living our dreams. This year was no different. Check out our 11 cover models for 2012, then tweet @Latina and tell us who you want to see on the cover in '13!
By Lee Hernandez | 11/30/2012 - 08:24 | 0 Comments
When we recently spoke to Sara Ramirez, the Mexican-American star of ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy—and our Dec/Jan cover girl!—opened up to Latina about how much fun she’s having working on Grey’s this season. “I...
By Lee Hernandez | 11/27/2012 - 10:10 | 0 Comments
Grey's Anatomy is notorious for killing off beloved characters (George O'Malley, Mark Sloan, Denny Duquette, to name a few)—and the ABC show is getting ready to kill off yet another major character in an upcoming episode. ...
By Samantha Leal | 11/15/2012 - 15:17 | 0 Comments
Sofia the First premieres on November 18, and we're excited to watch as Sara Ramirez voices Queen Miranda, the mother of Sofia. The movie is about a young girl named Sofia (voiced by Modern Family's Ariel Winter) who suddenly becomes a princess when her mother Miranda (voiced by Ramirez) marries the king. Sofia has to learn how to adjust to her new life and do some...
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'