By Priscilla Rodriguez | 06/26/2013 - 09:30 | 0 Comments
It's a historic time for the LGBT community! The Supreme Court struck down on a provision of the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and California's same-sex marriage ban, known as Proposition 8, this morning.
By Elayne Fluker | 08/09/2010 - 07:00 | 0 Comments
Mexico's Supreme Court upheld a law that went into effect in March legalizing gay marriage in Mexico City. The law, which also allows same-sex couples to adopt, was found constitutional in an 8-to-2 vote. The ruling came just a day after a California...
By Grace Bastidas | 03/30/2010 - 14:30 | 0 Comments
Los Angeles–based act Ozomatli have been combining music and politics ever since forming 15 years ago. And as cultural ambassadors to the U.S., the band's multi-culti members have traveled around the world spreading their message while entertaining listeners with a specially-made blend of hip-hop, funk, rock, reggae and Latin rhythms. Their upcoming fifth...
- Pope hails Mandela as promoter of "human dignity"
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- More Evidence That U.S. Births May Be Leveling Off After Years Of Decline
- Overcrowding Forces California To Release Man Accused Of Killing 8 Mexican Government Officials
- Luis Suarez Is The Most Polarizing Player In Soccer; He May Also Be The Best
- Anaheim Hopes To Settle Suit Over Alleged Latino Exclusion
- Latino Leaders To Hispanic Lawmakers: Lead Or Get Out Of The Way
- Chiquinquira Delgado Wants To Attract An English Speaking Audience
- Puerto Rico Is A Colony Like Palestine, Calle 13 Frontman Says
- Jorge Sillas Faces Sentencing After Pleading Guilty To Attempted Murder