By Janel Martinez | 09/01/2010 - 13:00 | 2 Comments
Nina Garcia isn’t the only Latino viewers are tuning in to see on season eight of Project Runway. Two Latino contestants—freelance designer Mondo Guerra, 32, and fashion designer Casanova, 33—help stir up the drama and keep us (and the clothes they create) in stiches.
While Guerra is rather calm, cool and...
By Gerri Miller | 01/27/2010 - 12:32 | 3 Comments
In the diverse group of designers competing on Project Runway this season are three Latino contestants with very different backgrounds, styles and levels of experience, vying to make their mark on the fashion world.
The elder statesman of the bunch at 43, Emilio Sosa, a New Yorker who emigrated to the U.S. from Santo Domingo when he was...
By Mariela Rosario | 01/21/2010 - 09:07 | 0 Comments
Nina Garcia recently sat down with Diane Clehane of mediabistro.com to talk about everything from what it takes to make it in the tough world of magazine publishing to how she manages to juggle three full-time jobs, all while being the mother to a three-...
- Oscar De La Hoya, Felix Trinidad To Be Inducted Into Boxing Hall Of Fame
- IAEA assures Mexican public after radioactive material located
- EU fines 5 banks, broker $2.3 bn for rigging key interest rates
- Work Continues To Save Whales In Florida's Everglades
- Montana Rape Case Judge: I've Become A 'Lightning Rod' But I Shouldn't Be Punished
- What Gloria Estefan Revealed About Shakira's Crossover Years
- Artists Transform Old Chinatown Beauty Parlor Into A Creative Playground
- 11 Imaginary Republican Enemies That Could Give Bigfoot A Run For Its Money
- 'The X Factor': Alex And Sierra Make Destiny's Child 'Say My Name' Their Own (VIDEO)
- Drug Defendants Are Being 'Forced' To Plead Guilty, Report Claims