By Angelica Sereda | 08/04/2012 - 14:00 | 0 Comments
Having a baby is, at the risk of sounding cheesy, life-changing. But even if you're ready for the next step, there are some things you're never really prepared for. Read on to find out just a few.
You will look at your parents in a completely different way You've heard them tell you before, "Wait ‘til you have your own kids..." Well, they’re...
By Angelica Sereda | 07/27/2012 - 17:00 | 0 Comments
Now, perhaps more than ever, being bilingual is something that will help your child. But raising a bilingual child doesn't have to be a chore (even if you have limited language skills!). With a little creativity, you can make it fun for both of you.
Here are 5 ways to make learning espaňol fun:
1. Have them visit Abuela more often...
By Valerie Tejeda | 07/25/2012 - 17:00 | 0 Comments
By now, most everyone knows about the horrific event that took place last week in Aurora, Colorado. A 24-year-old man named James Holmes, opened fire on lots of innocent people at the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises, leaving 12 dead, and 58 injured. The sadness surrounding this senseless event has been catastrophic, and...
By Nicole Forbis | 07/24/2012 - 18:00 | 0 Comments
Mara Hoffman’s Swimwear 2013 Fashion Show was anything but ordinary (especially with wolves howling in the background!). The inspiration? “Desert Outlaw Gypsies” where Hoffman “toughens it up a bit” with bold prints, bold colors, and bold cuts galore. We caught up with the designer at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami where we got the...
By Samantha Leal | 07/20/2012 - 13:00 | 0 Comments
By Samantha Leal | 07/12/2012 - 11:51 | 0 Comments
New father and Dancing With the Stars champion J.R. Martinez admits that his mindset has definitely changed now that he has a baby, reports People. While appearing on the Bethenny show to talk...
By Samantha Leal | 06/21/2012 - 09:06 | 0 Comments
Latina teen pregnancy is down 33 percent, hitting its lowest point since 1976, reports a recent study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In fact, pregnancy rates for all teens between the ages of 15 and 19 are down, falling 40 percent overall from 1990 to 2008 (that...
By Samantha Leal | 05/22/2012 - 16:30 | 0 Comments
Top Latina bloggers were invited to the White House this past weekend, where they were given insight into professional development by a panel of key female executives, as well as given a policy brief covering education and health, reports NBC Latino...
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'