By Irina Gonzalez | 05/09/2013 - 16:59 | 0 Comments
When I was a child and my family first came to the U.S., I remember going to McDonald’s and drinking a lot of soda constantly. Although I was always a bit on the chubby site, it wasn’t long before my weight ballooned up thanks to all of the junk food advertising I was suddenly seeing everywhere.
I remember fighting with my mom as a teen, when she tried to get...
By First Lady Michelle Obama | 03/30/2011 - 16:05 | 3 Comments
I want to share with you a personal story in the hopes that it encourages you to get the most out of your doctor visits for your children.
A few years ago as a working mom, I had the best intentions to feed my kids healthy food on a budget, knowing that sometimes pizza or the drive thru were inevitable. But I...
By Stacey Rivera | 11/23/2010 - 16:04 | 5 Comments
A recent study by the University of Texas Galveston found that 25% of Latinas who are classified as overweight in medical terms see themselves as normal weight. Study author Mahbubur Rahman believes this is a symptom of the "fattening of America," meaning being overweight has become the norm for some women.
According to BusinessWeek.com column...
- Petrobras to keep operating in Argentina, may shed some assets
- Ecuador's Correa won't run again in 2017
- 6 Cuban rafters rescued from Puerto Rican islet
- Puerto Rican Richard Carrion Announces Candidacy To Head International Olympics Committee
- U.S. photographer Annie Leibovitz wins Spain's Asturias Prize