By Katie Amey | 12/13/2012 - 13:22
A solid-color manicure is so last season! Now, Latina celebs are all about the Japanese-inspired 3D nail art trend, which has been popping up on red carpets and Twitter feeds alike. Check out our picks for the top 5 most enviable celeb nail art styles, plus easy-to-try instructions to get the same looks at home — no expensive manicurist required!
By Amanda Flores | 09/30/2012 - 13:00
Last fall, it was all about the greige manis. For fall 2012, we’re still rocking the gray hues, but it’s all about adding in purple tones. And when a certain First Lady stepped up to the podium with purpleish gray polish, we knew the trend was here to stay. Here are a few of our faves.
By Amanda Flores | 06/19/2012 - 20:00
Take your favorite pink polish from girly to edgy with this DIY manicure.
What you'll need:
- Pink polish like Sally Hansen Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Color in Must-Have Iris.
- Metallic silver polish. Try, OPI Nail Lacquer in Pirouette My Whistle.
- Pale pink or nude polish. We like, Zoya Nail Polish in Bela.
- A clear top coat
By Amanda Flores | 06/11/2012 - 14:00
You don’t have to be a cast member of The Jersey Shore to enjoy leopard print. For a subtle brush with your wild side, try wearing the pattern on your nails. The fun part is that you don’t have to stick with neutral browns and tan. This works with as many or as few colors as you want. Here’s how we did it:
What you’ll need:
- A base nail color. We like OPI Nail Lacquer in Let Them Eat Rice Cake
- Your favorite white polish for "spots."
- Black polish
- A dotting nail tool
- Piece of cardboard
- Top coat