By Mariela Rosario | 02/04/2010 - 11:16 | 5 Comments
The governor of Puerto Rico announced this week that he was activating the National Guard in the small island commonwealth. The measure was intended to be a temporary move to help curb rising crime rates while new police forces are recruited and trained.
"Nobody, especially me, can be happy with the number of killings last year. We have to do much more to stop this...
- Petrobras to keep operating in Argentina, may shed some assets
- Ecuador's Correa won't run again in 2017
- 6 Cuban rafters rescued from Puerto Rican islet
- Puerto Rican Richard Carrion Announces Candidacy To Head International Olympics Committee
- U.S. photographer Annie Leibovitz wins Spain's Asturias Prize