By Sugey Palomares | 01/26/2012 - 13:26 | 0 Comments
Known for an artistic soul that flows with the natural rhythms of tradition and nature, Lila Downs is constantly re-mastering the essence of folkloric style music. The 43-year-old, who was born in Mexico and raised in the States, has always drawn on her personal journey for inspiration.
By Grace Bastidas | 08/13/2010 - 08:00 | 1 Comment
Listen up! The Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF) has joined forces with the Dolores Huerta Foundation and the Mexican Heritage Corporation (MHC) to organize a series of concerts in California that not only honor Latino culture but also spread awareness about the need for immigration reform. That’s...
By Angie Romero | 08/10/2010 - 12:30 | 0 Comments
Technically, iconic activist Dolores Huerta’s 80th birthday was in April, but she is celebrating in style this Friday, August 13, at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles with an epic concert featuring some of her closest friends. Titled Weaving Moments Together, the benefit concert will unify the progressive social movements Ms. Huerta...
- Petrobras to keep operating in Argentina, may shed some assets
- Ecuador's Correa won't run again in 2017
- 6 Cuban rafters rescued from Puerto Rican islet
- Puerto Rican Richard Carrion Announces Candidacy To Head International Olympics Committee
- U.S. photographer Annie Leibovitz wins Spain's Asturias Prize