By Irasema Romero | 04/04/2011 - 19:00 | 1 Comment
Every Monday night, Quiero Mis Quince on MTV Tr3s introduces us to teenagers who are pulling all of the stops to have the best party of their lives. But Chastity, who was featured in last night’s episode, reminded us that sometimes we are happier when we share the spotlight. She spoke to Latina.com about allowing her mother a time to shine and how she dealt with...
By Latina Staff | 04/04/2011 - 08:00 | 9 Comments
For the first time in Latina magazine's 15-year history, a mother and daughter are sharing the cover! In the May issue, the regional Mexican music mogul and her daughter Chiquis open up about building a family empire and having their family life filmed for their hit reality show, I Love Jenni. The Latina cover shoot will be prominently featured in...
By Verky Arcos | 03/16/2011 - 08:56 | 2 Comments
In life there are ups and downs and in marriage, you commit to "better or worse, in sickness and health," right? Well, after being engaged I knew I was ready to take that on. I envisioned Hec and I as two little old people taking care of one another and having silly, unimportant bickering like only two people that have spent their entire lives together can do. Hec and...
By Irasema Romero | 03/15/2011 - 08:45 | 1 Comment
During our lifetime, we are constantly asking ourselves: Who are we, really?
That is what author Sandra Rodriguez Barron seeks to answer in Stay With Me (Harper Paperbacks; $15, out now) through the lives of five siblings, who as toddlers were found together inside the cabin of a luxury boat after a devastating hurricane hit Puerto Rico’s...
By Latina Staff | 03/14/2011 - 13:30 | 0 Comments
Growing up, my dad was the epitome of the Latin father—or as we would say jokingly, he was a machista. My mother would make dinner, set the table, and then wait on him hand and foot. Whenever he wanted something, like a spoon, rather than get up and get it himself, he would ask us to get it and joke, “That’s why God gave me three daughters.” Yes, I know you are cringing as...
By Mariela Rosario | 03/11/2011 - 09:28 | 0 Comments
Our American Idol contest winner Christie Reid chatted with Lynda Lopez on the red carpet of the first live results, telling the Latina columnist, "Latina and American Idol made my dream come true tonight!" Reid won a trip to LA to watch the show and access to the after...
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Poverty reduction stalls in LatAm, U.N. panel reports
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'
- Poverty Reduction In Latin America Is Slowing, UN Says
- Creating A Hilarious Telenovela Is The Best Way To Do Spanish Homework (VIDEO)