By Samantha Leal | 11/29/2012 - 13:58 | 0 Comments
Many Mexican immigrants migrating to the United States are assumed to speak Spanish, but that assumption is wrong, reports NBC Latino. Many immigrants come to the U.S. speaking indigenous languages, and a workshop by The City...
By Amaris Castillo | 08/10/2011 - 11:00 | 0 Comments
After suspected cocaine smugglers from Peru raided a jungle area in western Brazil, a lost Indian tribe that claimed the area as its home vanished according to Brazilian officials. Indian affairs experts in the largest South American country believe that the tribe might have run away in fear after the suspected smugglers raided a Brazilian guard post that was protecting...
By Verky Arcos | 06/03/2010 - 13:00 | 9 Comments
Actress Q’orianka Kilcher—best known for playing Pocahontas in the 2005 film New World opposite Colin Farrell—was arrested on Tuesday for tying herself to the fence of the White House while her mother, Saskia Kilcher, poured a black substance over her.
- Petrobras to keep operating in Argentina, may shed some assets
- Ecuador's Correa won't run again in 2017
- 6 Cuban rafters rescued from Puerto Rican islet
- Puerto Rican Richard Carrion Announces Candidacy To Head International Olympics Committee
- U.S. photographer Annie Leibovitz wins Spain's Asturias Prize