By Fox News Latino | 12/14/2012 - 17:00 | 0 Comments
A North Carolina mother is facing deportation back to her native Mexico after she tried to use a fake Social Security card to apply for cable television service.
The Burlington Times-News reported Wednesday that 26-year-old Lorena Yanez-Mata was arrested in July by an off-duty Burlington police officer working security for Time Warner Cable...
By Samantha Leal | 10/16/2012 - 14:00 | 0 Comments
Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa is pushing for ID cards for immigrants, which would give them access to city services including a bank account, reports the Huffington Post.
"It will be an official ID...
By Samantha Leal | 09/17/2012 - 14:00 | 0 Comments
A new poll released by the National Hispanic Media Coalition and Latino Decisions found that more than 30 percent of non-Hispanics believe that the majority (more than half) of Hispanics are undocmented. The truth? Around 18 percent of Hispanics in the U.S. are undocumented, while only 37 percent of U.S. Hispanics are actually immigrants,...
By Samantha Leal | 09/12/2012 - 08:41 | 0 Comments
The first round of approved applications for the delayed deportation program enacted by President Obama was announced, reports Fox News Latino. The move comes less than two months before the presidential election....
By Samantha Leal | 09/10/2012 - 08:45 | 0 Comments
Want to know what it's like illegally crossing the U.S.-Mexico border? You can experience a similar trek first-hand, for $18. El Alberto, Mexico has created a 'theme park' centered around border-crossing and has been running tours since 2004, reports the ...
By Samantha Leal | 08/21/2012 - 08:32 | 0 Comments
A section of Alabama's immigration law that ordered public schools to check citizenship status of all new students was ruled unconstitutional by a federal court on Monday, according to Fox News Latino. But while the court ruled that...
By Samantha Leal | 08/17/2012 - 08:59 | 0 Comments
Arizona Governor Jan Brewer issued an executive order this week which denies benefits to young undocumented immigrants, including ID cards. This order, which goes against President Obama's deferred action program, has sparked outrage and even protests, reports the ...
- Pope hails Mandela as promoter of "human dignity"
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- More Evidence That U.S. Births May Be Leveling Off After Years Of Decline
- Overcrowding Forces California To Release Man Accused Of Killing 8 Mexican Government Officials
- Luis Suarez Is The Most Polarizing Player In Soccer; He May Also Be The Best
- Anaheim Hopes To Settle Suit Over Alleged Latino Exclusion
- Latino Leaders To Hispanic Lawmakers: Lead Or Get Out Of The Way
- Chiquinquira Delgado Wants To Attract An English Speaking Audience
- Puerto Rico Is A Colony Like Palestine, Calle 13 Frontman Says
- Jorge Sillas Faces Sentencing After Pleading Guilty To Attempted Murder