By Samantha Leal | 09/04/2013 - 09:36 | 0 Comments
A step in the right direction? The student government of UCLA unanimously passed a decision to drop the term "illegal immigrant" last week, reports the Huffington Post. The decision comes after a "Drop the I-Word" campaign launched by the Applied Research...
By Samantha Leal | 09/03/2013 - 11:33 | 0 Comments
For many, the immigration issue comes down to data and numbers. But a new art project is working to give a face, or should we say faces, to the millions of undocumented immigrants in the U.S. "Inside out 11M" is a global participatory art project that has hundreds of people taking their photos and posting them on public spaces.
“Our project is...
By Samantha Leal | 08/28/2013 - 09:14 | 0 Comments
Oh yes, he did. Republican California congressman Gary Miller told a group of DREAM Act-eligible students that he, too, understands what it's like to be an immigrant, because he's originally from Arkansas.
"You know, I've talked to a lot of young people like [you]," Miller said. "I mean, I understand the difficulty. Just like I was...
By Samantha Leal | 08/27/2013 - 08:58 | 0 Comments
A new policy by the Obama administration is aimed at fixing the problem of minor children going into the system when their primary caregivers are detained and deported, reports Fox News Latino. The new directive...
By Latina Staff | 08/20/2013 - 14:00 | 0 Comments
It's never too late to go after a dream, and Elia Guzman de Estrada shows us that. The 99-year-old Mexican immigrant was recently sworn in as a U.S. citizen in Texas, reports KVEO newscenter.
"I am very emotional. I have so much joy that the emotion makes me cry," said Estrada....
By Priscilla Rodriguez | 08/13/2013 - 10:05 | 0 Comments
Last month, Iowa Congressman Steve King spoke out against having DREAMers in this country legalized.
"For every valedictorian DREAMer who has been brought to this country by his or her family, there’s another 100 out there who,...
By Amaris Castillo | 08/09/2013 - 10:14 | 0 Comments
In time, undocumented immigrants in Puerto Rico will be able to obtain temporary driver’s licenses.
According to NBC Latino, Alejandro Javier García Padilla signed into law a bill that would allow undocumented...
By Amaris Castillo | 08/06/2013 - 12:07 | 0 Comments
Mark Zuckerberg is on board with those who want immigration reform. According to Yahoo!, Facebook’s CEO spoke out publicly for the first time in favor of immigration reform in the U.S.
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'