hispanic heritage facts
By Pauline Campos | 10/01/2013 - 10:49 | 0 Comments
If I had a dime for every time a Dimelo reader asked me how to "feel" more Latina (or how to come to terms with celebrating our own definition of cultural identity), I'd have a lot of dimes. The questions may be worded differently to reflect personal experience, but the common denominator is the same: a feeling of disconnect between our dual identities as...
By Pauline Campos | 09/23/2013 - 16:15 | 0 Comments
We have a month, you guys. Four weeks to try and cram every single aspect of what it means to us to be Latino during Hispanic Heritage Month from Sept 15 to Oct. 15 is a lot of pressure. Trying to touch on all aspects of who we are and where we come from and where we are going as American Latinos is a bit like trying to see all of Disney World in...
By Pauline Campos | 09/16/2013 - 13:10 | 0 Comments
Happy Hispanic Heritage Month, Dimelo readers!
Last week I told you all about me and my Heritage Month Virgin-ness. I'm new to celebrating the month recognizing the histories, cultures, and contributions of...
- Group Of Life? World Cup Draw Gives France, Belgium, Argentina Favorable Foes In First Round
- Caxirola Replaces Vuvuzela As World Cup Noisemakers (VIDEO)
- Tom Tancredo Leads GOP Field For Colorado Governor Amongst Republicans, Despite 2010 Loss
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President
- Why Nelson Mandela Loved Fidel Castro