In The Heights
By Irina Gonzalez | 11/22/2013 - 14:16 | 0 Comments
Broadway and TV star Krysta Rodriguez is currently lighting up the Great White Way with Broadway's musical comedy First Date. After a stint in NBC's Smash as Ana Vargas, Krysta plays jaded dater Casey who agrees to be set up with Zachary Levi's nice guy Aaron.
By Damarys Ocaña Perez | 04/30/2013 - 09:13 | 0 Comments
The Tony Awards nominations were announced today, and we admit we're a bit bummed that no Latinos were nominated this year (except of course the superbly talented Lin-Manuel Miranda, a previous Tony winner who wrote the music for this year's hit Broadway...
By Amaris Castillo | 03/01/2013 - 15:59 | 0 Comments
Olga Merediz is one busy woman. The 57-year-old cubana, known for her role as Abuela Claudia in the Tony-winning musical In The Heights, stars in a dramatic indie film set in the same upper Manhattan neighborhood, Washington Heights. Written and directed by Jonathan Ullman, ...
By Samantha Leal | 06/20/2012 - 17:00 | 0 Comments
Bianca Marroquin has definitely earned the title, “trailblazer.” From being the first Latina to crossover from a local production to Broadway, to becoming the star of the new Spanish-version of Mary Poppins, she’s certainly making her mark in show business. We caught up with her to talk musicals, acting and how being a Latina has played a role in her life....
By Jesus Trivino | 06/18/2012 - 16:00 | 0 Comments
With a mixtape coming out, a new musical and talks about a new movie, Lin-Manuel Miranda is having a great year. We caught up with the performer, writer and actor to get the 411 on his busy schedule and what it takes to make it on Broadway.
How’s The Hamilton Mixtape coming along?
“It’s coming out great. I’ve been...
By Adriana Rivera | 08/12/2011 - 12:30 | 0 Comments
—Penelope Cruz is all set and ready to star in a new film in Sarajevo called Venuto al Mondo (Into The World), directed by Sergio Castellitto. Cruz said in a 2010 statement that her role in this film would be the most...
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'