By Ylonda Gault Caviness | 06/07/2010 - 12:00 | 3 Comments
To the school nurse, there is no question that "Roni," a cherub-faced third-grader who tips the scales at more than 90 pounds and stands under four feet tall, is obese. At recess, she struggles to keep up with her classmates in a simple game of tag—panting near exhaustion and calling "time out" early and often.
"The poor baby has it bad," says Carla Hostos, part-time...
By Nicole Toro | 05/10/2010 - 15:34 | 13 Comments
Off I go: Today is the day! May 10, 2010, old Nicole transforms into a Nicole that she has dreamed of her entire life. A Nicole who eats healthy, a Nicole who feels healthy and, most importantly, a Nicole who feels great about her self and her body.
Yes, there were obvious obstacles and hurdles I had to overcome during the final stretch. Of course the...
By Nicole Toro | 04/12/2010 - 16:26 | 10 Comments
You're probably asking yourself: Out of all the foods there are to choose from, which one is the most important to eat? I try to serve as someone from whom, through my experiences, you can learn how to become a lean, mean, fat burning machine. As I am going through my journey, one of the most important things that I have learned is the way we all should eat. (...
- Caxirola Replaces Vuvuzela As World Cup Noisemakers (VIDEO)
- Tom Tancredo Leads GOP Field For Colorado Governor Amongst Republicans, Despite 2010 Loss
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President
- Why Nelson Mandela Loved Fidel Castro
- Bloomberg To Critics Of His Spanish: 'Get A Life'