By Amaris Castillo | 08/17/2011 - 12:52 | 0 Comments
— Colombia has its first 3D animated film out next month, Tr3s reports. Directed by Jairo Carrillo, Pequeñas Voces (Little Voices) it is a compilation of four children (ages 8-13) telling their own...
By Grace Bastidas | 08/12/2011 - 16:27 | 0 Comments
The women of the rural town of Barbacoas in southwest Colombia have been on a sex strike since June 22, forgoing all sexual activity with their men until the central government fulfills their promise of paving the only road leading in and out...
By Amaris Castillo | 08/05/2011 - 09:30 | 0 Comments
Sofia Vergara opens up about being a teenage mother on the cover of September’s Redbook. The Colombian actress had her son, Manolo, when she was 19. “I had the energy for everything,” the now 39-year-old recalls.
By Latina Staff | 08/01/2011 - 10:30 | 0 Comments
A plan is in full swing to make a movie about late Colombian drug lord, Pablo Escobar, with director Brad Furman (The Lincoln Lawyer) at the helm. Escobar, who was murdered in 1993, once controlled 80 percent of the cocaine shipped to the United States and was named one of the ten richest people on earth by Fortune...
By Mariela Rosario | 07/26/2011 - 15:39 | 0 Comments
Everyone from Juanes to Luis Enrique has chimed in to say something about the passing of Colombian music icon and Salsa god Joe Arroyo, here's what some celebs had to say about his untimely death on Twitter:
By Amaris Castillo | 07/26/2011 - 11:30 | 0 Comments
Colombian salsa legend Joe Arroyo died this morning. The singer, known for blending salsa with other sounds such as merengue and soca, was 55. According to CNN, Arroyo, whose real name was Álvaro José Arroyo, had been hospitalized since last month at a...
By Latina Staff | 07/22/2011 - 09:54 | 0 Comments
Sofia Vergara has a 19-year-old son named Manolo whom she adores, but the Colombian actress says she's open to having another child—well, sort of.
In the latest issue of Parade magazine (which features Sofia on the cover), the Modern Family star was asked if she'd consider having more kids...
By Johanna Ferreira | 07/08/2011 - 14:30 | 9 Comments
Many of us grew up admiring everything about mami’s beauty routine. It’s probably because not only was she taking care of herself, but most of the time mami dolled us up too, bathing us in delicious scents or carefully tending to our hair.
Here is a collection of our favorite iconic beauty products most every Latina will remember!
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'