Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio
By Samantha Leal | 03/14/2013 - 10:46 | 0 Comments
History was made as the new pope was named – and he is Latino! Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio, 76, became the new pope who will lead 1.2 billion Catholics. Pope Francis (as he’s now named) is the first Latin American to be named as such. But what do you really know about him? Here are ten things you definitely need to know.
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'