By Mariela Rosario | 08/05/2010 - 14:40 | 1 Comment
Yesterday, a Federal judge overturned the controversial Proposition 8 ban on same-sex marriage that defined marriage solely as a partnership between a man and woman. The ban was passed in California back in 2008. In ruling that the ban violated the civil rights of gay and lesbian couples, U.S. District Chief Judge Vaughn R. Walker wrote, "Proposition 8 both...
By Mariela Rosario | 02/04/2010 - 18:00 | 4 Comments
Day laborers in Costa Mesa, California have filed a lawsuit against the city after police dressed in plain clothes posed as employers and subsequently arrested dozens of workers attempting to solicit jobs. Costa Mesa, a small city about 35 miles outside of Los Angeles, passed an ordinance outlawing work solicitation in 2005. They also managed to shut down a labor center...
- Yahoo Buys Tumblr For $1.1B, Its Most Expensive Acquisition In A Decade
- NYC Man Charged For Murder In Gay Hate Crime
- Immigration Reform Faces Threat From Drug Cartel Towns
- San Antonio Spurs Scorch Memphis Grizzlies In Game 1
- Miguel’s Kicking Performance At The Billboard Awards Leaves Fan With A Headache