By Amaris Castillo | 04/12/2011 - 14:45 | 0 Comments
—Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, the Spanish director behind 28 Weeks Later, will direct a reinvention of the film The Crow. Expected to start production this fall, the 1994 film is an adaption of the comic book series by James O’Barr and starred...
By Mariela Rosario | 03/23/2011 - 15:30 | 0 Comments
President Obama just wrapped up his first trip as President of the United States to Latin America. He had to cut his trip a little short due to the crisis in Libya and the decision to intervene, but he was still able to hit all his planned stops in Brazil, Chile and El Salvador.
With his whole family in tow, President Obama met with President...
By Lee Hernandez | 03/21/2011 - 12:30 | 0 Comments
It's widely known that the new Brazil-set animated movie, Rio (in theaters April 15th) boasts A-list talent like George Lopez, Anne Hathaway, Jamie Foxx and Jesse Eisenberg. But what you may not know is that the man responsible for the movie's gorgeous...
By Mariela Rosario | 03/17/2011 - 16:00 | 0 Comments
Despite many assumptions that President Barack Obama would cancel his Latin American tour after the terrible earthquake and tsunami that rocked Japan last week, the White House recently announced his intentions to move forward with the trip. “Every day you’re president there’s a world event somewhere. The American people understand and expect their...
By Grace Bastidas | 03/07/2011 - 15:00 | 2 Comments
Carnival kicked off this weekend, which means it’s time to let loose before Lent rolls around. Not that you have to be Catholic to indulge in a little church-sanctioned debauchery. Hedonists of all stripes can party at celebrations all across Latin America. Just pick your destination.
By Irasema Romero | 02/11/2011 - 14:45 | 2 Comments
Brazilian soccer player Daniel Alves says he deals with racism at almost every one of the matches he plays with La Liga franchise FC Barcelona. The Associated Press reports that futbol fans...
By Johanna Ferreira | 02/01/2011 - 15:02 | 0 Comments
- Things got a little out of hand when Christina arrived in Brazil this weekend. Hundreds of fans waited for her at the airport and lined the streets just to see her arrive. The pop star tried plowing through the crowd but was mobbed in the process! Scary stuff!
-We know the ...
- Yahoo Buys Tumblr For $1.1B, Its Most Expensive Acquisition In A Decade
- NYC Man Charged For Murder In Gay Hate Crime
- Immigration Reform Faces Threat From Drug Cartel Towns
- San Antonio Spurs Scorch Memphis Grizzlies In Game 1
- Miguel’s Kicking Performance At The Billboard Awards Leaves Fan With A Headache