By Jesus Trivino | 04/12/2013 - 14:34 | 0 Comments
With 42, the Jackie Robinson biopic, out this Friday, we look back at 42 of our greatest athletes. If you think Latinos only dominated in baseball, boxing and
soccer futbol, you’ll be surprised. Click through our diverse mix of athletes and be inspired!
By Samantha Leal | 10/15/2012 - 16:00 | 0 Comments
With baseball playoffs in full swing, it reminded us just how many cuties are out there playing the national pastime. And while many of the teams are out, that doesn't mean the players are out of our minds. Here are some of our top player picks, you know, if we called the shots. Who is your favorite?
By Samantha Leal | 05/04/2012 - 11:16 | 0 Comments
Mariano Rivera, the Panamanian closer for the Yankees, injured his knee Thursday night at batting practice, reports CBS news. The 12-time All-Star was practicing before the Yankees game against the Kansas City Royals, when...
By Sally Mercedes | 04/11/2012 - 12:28 | 0 Comments
Miami Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen is in some serious hot water right now for his recent comments about none other than Fidel Castro. In an article for Time magazine, Guillen was quoted as saying:
"I respect Fidel Castro. You know why? A lot of people have wanted to kill Fidel Castro for the last 60...
By Sally Mercedes | 04/04/2012 - 16:35 | 0 Comments
MLB Opening Day is this week and we're eager to celebrate the start of the season! Though the exact date varies (is it April 5? April 6? maybe tonight? who knows?!), most teams are playing their first game sometime this week. Specifics aside, we are excited to see our favorite Latino baseball players step onto the field.
For some of them, there's a...
By Sally Mercedes | 04/02/2012 - 15:14 | 0 Comments
As most teams prepare for their Opening Day games, Dominican pitcher Ubaldo Jiménez is getting a lot of attention today, but it's probably not the kind he wants. Instead of talking about his potential for the season, the headlines are for a fastball pitch Jiménez threw to former teammate Troy Tulowitzki.
Jiménez was traded from the...
By Sally Mercedes | 03/13/2012 - 12:48 | 0 Comments
Roberto Hernandez is one step closer to getting his spot back as pitcher for the Cleveland Indians. Formerly known as Fausto Carmona, he was arrested in Dominican Republic under false identity charges, which put him on MLB's restricted list. Now he has accepted a deal to have the charges dropped if he completes a work...
By Sally Mercedes | 03/09/2012 - 17:25 | 0 Comments
- Rafael Furcal is staying with the St. Louis Cardinals for at least another two years and $14 million. The Dominican shortstop has been with the team since 2011, getting a championship ring when they won the World Series this past fall. Assuming his health doesn't get in the way, the Cards are confident that keeping him around will bring...
- Petrobras to keep operating in Argentina, may shed some assets
- Ecuador's Correa won't run again in 2017
- 6 Cuban rafters rescued from Puerto Rican islet
- Puerto Rican Richard Carrion Announces Candidacy To Head International Olympics Committee
- U.S. photographer Annie Leibovitz wins Spain's Asturias Prize