By Celia Fernandez | 08/14/2013 - 09:24 | 0 Comments
An elderly Spanish woman took it up upon herself to restore a damaged 19th century painting of Christ, “Ecce Homo.”
Cecilia Gimenez’s, 81, attempt to restore the famous painting attracted a lot of attention last year and has...
By Sugey Palomares | 11/20/2012 - 15:24 | 0 Comments
Juan Agudelo has an art portfolio rich with hand drawn pieces of artwork that proves the value and strength and determination. The 20-year-old artist from Colombia was born without legs or arms, and has achieved exceptional skills despite his disability.
Born with an underdeveloped forearm and one finger, Juan started to create sketches at the age of...
By Samantha Leal | 08/24/2012 - 09:07 | 0 Comments
We're not really sure what to say to this but ay dios mio. An elderly woman has come forward this week to claim responsibility for completely botching a century-old "ecce homo" fresco painting of Jesus in a northeastern village in Spain, reports ...
By Samantha Leal | 08/23/2012 - 08:51 | 0 Comments
Artist Neil Rivas explores immigration policy in his latest exhibit: "Illegal Superheroes." The exhibit, which showed last month at the Ramp Gallery, a community-curated space at San Francisco's SOMArts Cultural Center, has definitely caused a stir both locally and nationally.
"If the US...
By Sugey Palomares | 05/22/2012 - 15:42 | 0 Comments
Mexican painter Diego Rivera was not only a master at capturing the line between the struggling lower class and privileged elite, but he also conquered themes such as revolution, feminism and world peace. Although his vivid murals inspired by Italian frescoes were his signature style, after the 1930’s he dedicated himself to portrait painting, taking on the...
By Amaris Castillo | 07/05/2011 - 08:10 | 0 Comments
The art for Demi Lovato’s new single “Skyscraper” has finally been revealed! The 18-year-old actress/singer posted the photo this past Sunday on her WhoSay page, along with a message to fans. “Bummed that I couldn’t be the first person to show this BUT!!! ladies and gents…. My single artwork cover for my NEW SINGLE SKYSCRAPER!!’” she wrote...
By Amaris Castillo | 04/06/2011 - 14:30 | 2 Comments
An elderly man from Spain has steadily built a cathedral out of salvaged materials over the past 50 years.
Justo Martinez, known as Don Justo in the community, began building the church after tuberculosis forced him to abandon his...
By Stacey Rivera | 01/31/2011 - 16:30 | 3 Comments
It's kind of a long story but the basics are, a British greeting card company that takes iconic photos and replaces the subject with a dog has manipulated that incredibly famous photo of Che seen on T-Shirts, etc. and the original...
- Oscar De La Hoya, Felix Trinidad To Be Inducted Into Boxing Hall Of Fame
- IAEA assures Mexican public after radioactive material located
- EU fines 5 banks, broker $2.3 bn for rigging key interest rates
- Work Continues To Save Whales In Florida's Everglades
- Montana Rape Case Judge: I've Become A 'Lightning Rod' But I Shouldn't Be Punished
- What Gloria Estefan Revealed About Shakira's Crossover Years
- Artists Transform Old Chinatown Beauty Parlor Into A Creative Playground
- 11 Imaginary Republican Enemies That Could Give Bigfoot A Run For Its Money
- 'The X Factor': Alex And Sierra Make Destiny's Child 'Say My Name' Their Own (VIDEO)
- Drug Defendants Are Being 'Forced' To Plead Guilty, Report Claims