By Tanisha Ramirez | 09/08/2013 - 10:00 | 0 Comments
If you’re a Latino or Latina who was raised in the U.S., chances are you’ve made up a Spanish word—or two! But hey, that’s totally okay.
We’ve all slapped an “-iar” or “-io” at the end of an English word and pretended it was Spanish. Ultimately, some of these conflated words stick, and after a few generations, we forget that those words aren’t really part of...
By Amaris Castillo | 06/28/2013 - 09:14 | 0 Comments
You gotta love Spanglish. If you’re Latino/a but were born here in the U.S., you’re guilty of it. What’s funny is that most of us learn it from our parents; Spanish is in their blood, yet they want to get their message across so you will surely understand.
Those well-versed in Spanglish have the language down pat. Below are some fun words that don’t… sound quite...
By Mariela Rosario | 08/01/2011 - 15:00 | 0 Comments
Last week we polled our faithful Facebook followers to find out what some of your favorite Spanglish words and phrases are for a new series we're going to be working on every week. Check in every Monday for a new Spanglish word, Spanish phrase, special dicho and funny idiosyncrasies we find living la vida...
- Marc Anthony Sues ClubCreate Over 1.3 Million Loan
- Group Of Life? World Cup Draw Gives France, Belgium, Argentina Favorable Foes In First Round
- Caxirola Replaces Vuvuzela As World Cup Noisemakers (VIDEO)
- Tom Tancredo Leads GOP Field For Colorado Governor Amongst Republicans, Despite 2010 Loss
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President