Sheriff Joe Arpaio controversy
By Viviana Hurtado | 12/23/2011 - 11:00 | 0 Comments
The clock is counting down, not just to a New Year, but to one of the most exciting Presidential elections which may be determined by Latinos. We decided to look back at the most important issues, policies, and political stories of 2011 that may influence for whom voters cast their ballots in 2012.
1. Latinos, A LOT of them: Mainly...
By Amaris Castillo | 12/22/2011 - 09:43 | 0 Comments
Jail officers working for Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio handed in their federal credentials during a news conference in Phoenix Wednesday, a day before civil rights attorneys will be in federal court to seek a ruling in a lawsuit that alleges Arpaio systematically discriminated against Latino residents in conducting traffic patrols and so-called "crime...
By Amaris Castillo | 12/16/2011 - 16:30 | 0 Comments
The self-proclaimed “toughest sheriff in America” is in trouble with the U.S. Department of Justice. According to America’s Voice Online, Maricopa County (AZ) Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s reign may end soon, as a result of a three-year investigation conducted by the department. Those familiar with Arpaio know of his controversial practices...
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'