Secure Communities Program and Latinos
By Damarys Ocaña Perez | 08/17/2011 - 17:43 | 0 Comments
Latinos have hit the streets in the past month to protest the Secure Communities program, which the government uses as a tool to deport undocumented immigrants with criminal records and repeat immigration violators. This week, some 200 protesters walked out of a Los Angeles public meeting led by a task force assigned to review the program and another 70...
- Nelson Mandela, father of democratic South Africa, is dead
- Spanish Researcher Devises Leukemia Treatment Alternative To Chemoterapy
- Iraqi journalist killed by Islamists in Syria
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's First Black President, Dead At 95
- Colombia's Ecopetrol says promising oil block commercially viable
- Obama: Some Republicans Have 'Gotta Be Embarrassed'
- House Democrats To Obama: It's Time To Suspend Deportations
- Why Zoe Saldana Decided To Go Make-Up Free In 'Out Of The Furnace'
- Why Hispanic Children Are At Increased Risk Of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Capitol Police Officer Raises Voice At Immigration Activists: 'Comprende?'