By Mariela Rosario | 08/23/2010 - 16:00 | 3 Comments
We caught up with Esai Morales at the recent Latino Baseball MVP awards hosted by Latino Sports Ventures in NYC and had a chance to chat up the La Bamba star. The hot button issue on everyone's lips was the...
By Mariela Rosario | 08/15/2010 - 09:00 | 3 Comments
President Barack Obama signed a $600 million border security bill into law last week in hopes of moving the immigration reform debate forward. For years, conservatives and Republicans have argued that a discussion about reforming the current...
By Grace Bastidas | 08/13/2010 - 07:00 | 1 Comment
Listen up! The Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF) has joined forces with the Dolores Huerta Foundation and the Mexican Heritage Corporation (MHC) to organize a series of concerts in California that not only honor Latino culture but also spread awareness about the need for immigration reform. That’s...
By Mariela Rosario | 08/06/2010 - 07:00 | 0 Comments
Republicans have renewed the call to revise the 14th amendment of the constitution, which guarantees citizenship to anyone born in the United States. Though ratified 140 years ago and listed as one of the...
By Mariela Rosario | 08/04/2010 - 08:00 | 16 Comments
Although many of the most offensive sections of the proposed new SB 1070 legislation were blocked from going into effect last Thursday, July 29th, some local Arizona authorities are taking the law into their own hands. We spoke to...
By Mariela Rosario | 08/02/2010 - 12:30 | 3 Comments
Although Lady Gaga did not join the long list of artists recruited by Zack de la Rocha's Sound Strike in boycotting her performances scheduled for Arizona, the eccentric pop star took a moment to speak out...
By Mariela Rosario | 07/30/2010 - 17:00 | 17 Comments
Latinos celebrated a victory on Wednesday as U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton placed an injunction against many of the most crucial sections of the new SB 1070 legislation. We asked Nina Perales, a lawyer for MALDEF who helped to win the crucial injunction against SB 1070, to explain what’s next, and what the ruling really...
By Mariela Rosario | 07/30/2010 - 15:30 | 1 Comment
We caught up with Michelle Rodriguez on the red carpet of the New York International Latino Film Festival for the premiere of her new film Tropico de Sangre. Rodriguez stars in the film as Minerva Mirabal, one of the inspiring Mirabal sisters in the Dominican Republic who dared to defy the ruthless...
- Oscar De La Hoya, Felix Trinidad To Be Inducted Into Boxing Hall Of Fame
- IAEA assures Mexican public after radioactive material located
- EU fines 5 banks, broker $2.3 bn for rigging key interest rates
- Work Continues To Save Whales In Florida's Everglades
- Montana Rape Case Judge: I've Become A 'Lightning Rod' But I Shouldn't Be Punished
- What Gloria Estefan Revealed About Shakira's Crossover Years
- Artists Transform Old Chinatown Beauty Parlor Into A Creative Playground
- 11 Imaginary Republican Enemies That Could Give Bigfoot A Run For Its Money
- 'The X Factor': Alex And Sierra Make Destiny's Child 'Say My Name' Their Own (VIDEO)
- Drug Defendants Are Being 'Forced' To Plead Guilty, Report Claims