To celebrate her 50 years in the fashion industry, designer Betsey Johnson went ALL OUT with her NYFW show. Models graced the runway sporting punky pixies, crimps, and super glam waves. Celebrity stylist Rafe Hardy created the 3 uniques styles for the models and we’ve got the how-to for the sexy, yet wearable, ‘do below:
- Prep all hair by spraying lightly with Style Sexy Hair 450 Protect. Create a deep side part on top.
- Beginning in nape area, take a 1 inch horizontal section and then subdivide into approximate 1inch wide sections with alternating diagonal partings
- Using a 1 inch wand, elevate each section straight out. Hold wand horizontally and wrap from roots to ends. Spray lightly with Style Sexy Hair 450 Headset before wrapping.
- Moving up the head, continue wrapping 1inch sections. Make sure each curl is wrapped in the same direction!
- When you get to the top front sections, backcomb gently before wrapping. (Big Sexy Hair Powder Play may be needed for extra fine hair)
- Once all curls have cooled, use a boar bristle paddle brush to brush out and form all curls together.
- Lift ends with fingers and spray Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo or Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Touchable, depending on hair type, into the lengths of the hair to add width.
- Once desired width is achieved, spray your boar bristle brush with Smooth Sexy Hair Smooth & Seal and very gently smooth the surface of the hair so as not to disturb width and volume. Use a comb for any fine detailing. Finish with Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play.