FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 6, 2012 – La La Anthony graces the April 2012 cover of Latina, which hits newsstands on March 13.
The La La’s Full Court Life star and wife of New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony talks to Latina about handling a growing career beyond TV, managing a superstar marriage (including how she handled a secret love child rumor), and being a new breed of television star.
On managing the time apart from ’Melo: “We’ve been together for eight years and I think we’ve lasted this long because we’ve given each other space…but there’s also that time where it can be too much space.”
On her ambitious nature: “I’m never satisfied— career-wise…I’m always looking for the next thing…Why can’t I be a great mom, wife, TV host, actress, producer, have my own reality show and makeup line? The hard part is balancing it all.”
On outrageous reality TV shows and keeping her marriage off camera: “Those shows are very entertaining. I’ve just never been a person to do crazy, outlandish stuff…Whenever you get outside people involved and cameras, you can look at statistics of other relationships— it gets really difficult.”
On rumors of ‘Melo’s supposed secret love child: Anthony says the idea is “laughable.” “There are a lot of athletes who do live a certain life with women everywhere. So you can’t act like it’s the craziest thing you’ve ever heard… But I’m secure in my relationship.”
On dealing with her insecurities: “I’m just like anybody else. Weight goes up and down, sometimes I’m killing myself to be on a crazy diet, sometimes I’m not. As you get more mature you learn to embrace insecurities and…to keep it all in perspective.”
To download a high-resolution image of the cover, go to: http://www.latina.com/magazine.
Also in the April 2012 issue:
- Will Ferrell Goes Latin: The comedy star talks about his new Spanish-language comedy, Casa de Mi Padre, his love for telenovelas and the challenge of shopping the film to big studios for distribution.
- Perfect Spring Accessories: Fashion Editor Verky Arcos picks the perfect on-trend shoes and bags to complement your spring outfit.
- Paint Yourself Pretty: Pro makeup artist Andrew Sotomayor sifts through the season’s hottest shades to choose the right color for your skin tone.
- In Good Company: Latin women across the country are starting companies and creating jobs at six times the national average. Five female entrepreneurs share their stories of launching their businesses and reaping the rewards.
- Hot Careers for Latinas in 2012: Tips and testimonials on where to look for career opportunities.
- Love in the time of Facebook: Social media do’s and don’ts to help you avoid common online pitfalls while falling in love.
Articles from the upcoming April 2012 issue are available upon request.
About Latina Media Ventures
Latina Media Ventures is the authoritative voice for the acculturated community of Hispanic women living in the US. For 15 years and across multiple platforms, Latina provides unique, in-depth, culturally-relevant, engaging and inspiring content on key areas of interest: including beauty, food, entertainment, fashion, parenting and health. With 3MM readers, Latina is the largest magazine edited by and for Latin women.