oscars_Claudia Llosa (Peru)
Peruvian director Claudia Llosa made history when her 2009 film, The Milk of Sorrow, earned an Academy Award nomination for Best Foreign Language Film. The film, in Spanish and Quechua, addresses the fears of abused women during Peru's recent history of violence because of the uprising of the Maoist group Sendero Luminoso and the actions of the paramilitary and state armed forces. Milk of Sorrow is the first and only Peruvian film to be nominated in the category.
Best Foreign Language Film, The Milk of Sorrow, 82nd Academy Awards, Nominated
- Marc Anthony Sues ClubCreate Over 1.3 Million Loan
- Group Of Life? World Cup Draw Gives France, Belgium, Argentina Favorable Foes In First Round
- Caxirola Replaces Vuvuzela As World Cup Noisemakers (VIDEO)
- Tom Tancredo Leads GOP Field For Colorado Governor Amongst Republicans, Despite 2010 Loss
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President