It takes a village… And when they create a film like City of God, everyone deserves recognition. Daniel Rezende, like the film’s director Fernando Meirelles and cinematographer César Charlone, earned an Academy Award nomination for his work on the critically acclaimed film. The Brazilian film editor garnered the nod in the Best Film Editing category. And he won the BAFTA Award for Best Editing for his work on the 2002 film. Rezende has described the editing process of City of God, saying he tried to "provoke differing sensations in each of the film's phases."
Best Film Editing, City of God, 76th Academy Awards, Nominated
- Stolen Container Of Radioactive Material Found, Mexican Official Says (UPDATE)
- Luis Suarez's 'Goal Of The Year' Candidate Highlighted His 4-Goal Demolition Of Norwich City (VIDEOS)
- Junot Diaz Speaks Out After Insults To His Dominican-ness
- School Science Project Goes Terribly Wrong, Hospitalizing Students
- Erika Andiola: Stop Deportations First, Then Fight For Legislation