oscars_70_Juan Carlos Fresnadillo
Before directing the Spanish thriller Intacto and 28 Weeks Later, the sequel to Danny Boyle's post-apocalyptic horror film 28 Days Later, Spanish filmmaker Juan Carlos Fresnadillo earned an Academy Award nomination in the Best Live Action Short category for his debut film, the black-and-white short Esposados. The black comedy about a couple who constantly fight over money; when they find themselves winning the Christmas lottery, however, they have very different ideas about what to do next that the husband tries to get rid of his wife. The film won 40 national and international awards and made Fresnadillo an instant star in Spain.
Best Live Action Short, Esposados , 69th Academy Awards, Nominated
- Marc Anthony Sues ClubCreate Over 1.3 Million Loan
- Group Of Life? World Cup Draw Gives France, Belgium, Argentina Favorable Foes In First Round
- Caxirola Replaces Vuvuzela As World Cup Noisemakers (VIDEO)
- Tom Tancredo Leads GOP Field For Colorado Governor Amongst Republicans, Despite 2010 Loss
- Susana Martinez: 'Nuh Uh,' I'm Not Interested In Running For Vice President