Jorge Semprún, a Spanish writer and politician who lived in France most of his life and wrote primarily in French, earned the first of his two Academy Award nominations for penning La guerre est finie, a French drama about a leftist in Franco's Spain. He followed up his Best Original Screenplay nod with a Best Adapted Screenplay nomination for penning the French-language political thriller Z with the film’s director Costa-Gavras.
Best Original Screenplay, La guerre est finie (The War is Over), 40th Academy Awards, Nominated
Best Adapted Screenplay, Z, 42nd Academy Awards, Nominated
- Hey Fox News, Here Are 13 Ways To Wage An Actual War On Christmas
- Pitbull's New Song 'La Noche No Termina' Includes Shout Out To Sofia Vergara
- Principal Put On Leave After Trying To Forbid Spanish In Classroom
- Plane Crash In Puerto Rico Leaves Two Dead
- Harry Reid Rails Against Joe Heck On Immigration Reform